January 30, 2014

Little Blue Side Table

My cleaning man has become one of my best pickers! He spotted this little table at a local auction for $3!

I was picking up another table he's been holding for me, for like a year (he's very patient!), and he said I might as well have it too. Thank you Keith!!!!
 The legs had to be re-glued and clamped because they were a bit wobbly but otherwise a very solid table.
This actually had an "S" and an "F" pressed into the burled wood veneer at the back.

This beauty is now painted with Miss Mustard Seed Milkpaint (MMSMP) in Flow Blue with a white wash over the blue. The top got a good sanding and then a coat of hemp oil and then two coats of finishing wax.


When i first painted the blue I loved the color but I thought it needed a little something to bring out the details of the wood. Many people will add stain or dark wax to do this but since the top was already dark, I thought it might make the whole table look muddy.  So I found some left over latex paint called Full Moon by Behr and that did the trick!  I dry-brushed the grayish white paint over the details and then rubbed it in in some spots.


I know that MMSMP has a white wax that would do the same thing. I did not have any, so dry brushing is always an option. I have another little table that I am going to show you in a few days where I dry brushed gold glaze on the leg details and I love it! Can't wait to show you!

Little Blue is for sale in my booth if you are feeling a little blue…..

Stop by in a few days for the next little table reveal…
As always, thank you so much for stopping by during your day to listen to me ramble.
 It means a lot.



Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies!
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/2013/04/01/that-diy-party-10/#xgMAcRCgRocl5vmh.99  Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitality

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbialollipops

>
Three Mango Seeds
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Mod Vintage Life http://www.remodelaholic.com
Nancherrow

9 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous! i need a cleaning man like that! heck, i just need a cleaning man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I LOVE the blue. I never have that kind of vision...or ambition ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- I love that! The color is great and it would look perfect in my entry hall.
    I also need a cleaning man... or even a man who doesn't clean...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous--love that you did the white dry brushing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. I was nervous at first with the white but once I got going I loved it.

      Delete
  5. You must be feeling the blues with these sweet little table makeovers. Love this one! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...