October 5, 2014

September Flea Recap

You know I am always about a week behind in posting this stuff. I am just wiped immediately after the Flea so not much gets down the week after.  So I had a banner day at The Neighborhood Flea on 9/28!  But it didn't start out that way and I was sweatin' bullets let me tell ya'! The time was moved from it's original time slot of 11a−4p to 9a-2p due to the Steeler game. And then The Great Race was also running at that time so the Flea started out very slow. Which is okay but when you had a 10' truck loaded, you really don't want to bring even half of it back home witcha! 
So I waited with my good friend Lynn who helped me all day which was actually really nice since we got to catch up a bit. My husband texted me about 10:30 to ask how it was going and I was able to say "well, I sold 6 bottles and a window…not good…" I know it seems really crazy to pray about this kind of thing but I also know that God listens to the tiniest of prayers so I gave Him a shout out. It went something like this…..
"I am pretty sure You want me doing this so I am just going to trust that You have this."
short and sweet.
Literally, 20 minutes later, I was inundated and the rest of the day was crazy….in a good way, not a Kim kind of way =-) Some of the things that sold are:
the record player stand turned rustic end table….

the sea green makeup case, 2 flags, chicken coop coffee table, blue hounds tooth cane chair, the child's drafting table in the background, and the radio mini bar finally sold! 
This made me so happy because literally everyone who passed by the mini bar at both the August and the September Flea looked at it, oohed and ached over it, talked about it, and then moved on. And I mean everybody. So that is good in that people liked it but not good in that I had to haul it back and forth. 
So glad my gal Kate from Highway Robbery Vintage bought it. She had been eyeing it all day and finally got it as we were packing up. Please go check her store out on the South Side of Pittsburgh and her website. You will find some great vintage clothing and retro finds….and she is super cool so there's that!
The child's tool top desk sold, as did the industrial bicycle photo display,  and the chalkboard/dry erase/cork board window. We almost sold the black and linen dresser but the lady couldn't fit it into her car and she didn't want delivery, sie la vie!

Over on this side the turquoise mirror, the rocking chair, two small side tables and the type writer sold!
So all in all a very good day. The best part of my day isn't selling believe it or not. It is fun to see people appreciate your craft but really, I absolutely LOVE meeting people. I love when someone comes up to me and says "I remember having that table in our house when I was younger!" and then they will tell me the story or stories surrounding that piece of furniture. Or they still have it and now they know what to do with it from looking in my booth. Believe it or not, our furniture holds memories for us and the telling of these stories brings people together. 
So I hope that you all will continue to come out to visit me because I love hearing about your history and your memories and if a piece of furniture sparks that……that is all the reward I need! 

Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies!
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/2013/04/01/that-diy-party-10/#xgMAcRCgRocl5vmh.99  Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitality

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbialollipops

Three Mango Seeds
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Mod Vintage Life http://www.remodelaholic.com
Nancherrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...