April 29, 2016

Rocking Chair Hack

Welcome back to another version of the Crazy Hacker! Yes, I have been known to hack apart communion tables for parts and now I have used my hacking skills to turn parts of an old rocking chair into two useful home decor projects. I started to take the chair apart to reupholster but when I got it down to its bones, it was really not worth repairing. 

So I did what any good repurposer does and looked for what could be saved!  I saw potential in the back and a brace as seen below:



I primed with grey primer since the wood is red and I wasn't sure what color I would be using so in case I decided to go light, I did not want red bleed through to the final product.  I found an awesome fabric remnant and decided to go blue!

I covered a piece of Luan with the fabric to create a pin board and then added a leftover wood piece from a mantel to make a shelf. Because the back angled out from the wall we added pegs to the back to make the shelf sit level. This got snapped up pretty quickly!

The brace got turned into a cute little towel rack just by adding a dowel. 

So before throwing out a broken chair, check under its hood for parts! You just might be surprised at how you can save something that might have sentimental value to you and you'll do us all a favor and keep it out of the dump.

He has a purpose for our brokenness as well. It is for His glory to be shown when we come through trials and suffering and even better….it is for our renewal and to create our dependence on Him. You can stand up to anything if you bow your will to Him.

Isaiah 14:24
"The LORD Almighty has sworn, Surely as I have planned so it will be and as I have purposed, so it will stand" 


Always being renewed,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...